The Ministry of Health has confirmed five new cases of COVID-19 bringing the total to 23 cases in Uganda.

In a tweet the ministry said out of 227 samples run today, 222 samples tested negative for COVID-19 with five turning out positive.

“Details will follow in a press release to be issued in the morning,” the ministry wrote.

Earlier, four more people have tested positive for coronavirus in Uganda.
President Museveni on Friday said the four had been under institutional quarantine in the various hotels identified by the sub-committee on quarantine.

“Yesterday, the 26th of March, another 197 people were tested and many of them were returnees from Dubai or other category one countries, only four tested positive. These four had been under institutional quarantine in the various hotels identified by the sub-committee on quarantine,” he said in a statement posted on his social platforms.
According to the president, the victims have been evacuated to Mulago National Referral Hospital for treatment.

“It seems, therefore, that the efforts of identifying by temperature monitoring at the airport, quarantining the people on whom there’s some suspicion and tracing the ones who escaped from the quarantine is working well,” he added.
Mr Museveni further revealed that “the majority of the 14 people” who are hospitalized at Entebbe, Mulago and

Masaka with the virus are responding well to the treatment and seem to be improving.

The four new confirmed cases include a 31-year -old man who arrived from Dubai on March 20, 2020 and is currently under quarantine. He presented with signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Another victim is a 29-year-old who arrived from the United Kingdom via Netherlands and is currently under quarantine, according to Dr Henry Mwebesa, the director general health.

“He presented with signs and symptoms of nausea, cough and fever,” Dr Mwebesa said in a statement.
A 48-year-old woman who arrived from the United States of America via Istanbul is also under quarantine after testing positive for the virus. She presented with symptoms consistent with COVID-L9; cough and flu.

“The fourth victim is a 55-year-old man who arrived from Afghanistan on March 26, 2020 and is currently under quarantine. He presented with signs and symptoms of COVID-19. All the previously confirmed 14 cases are in stable clinical condition and feeding well at Entebbe Grade B, Mulago National Specialized Hospital and Adjumani General Hospital,” he added.

“To date, a total of 1,184 are follow up; 811 of these are under institutional quarantine while 373 are under self- quarantine. A total of 1,517 high risk travellers have completed their 14 days of follow up and have been issued with certificates of completion of the mandatory quarantine,” Dr Mwebesa.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.