Makerere university seems to be everyone’s pride and dream to study from however You may be dumbstruck why it’s always the talk of town as far as strikes, drama, academics and position is concerned. Currently holding 869th position in the world and 23rd in Africa. Xclusive Ug brings you 15 most popular people at Makerere University. Here is a full list of the unforgotten freedom fighters as well.
1. Bwowe Ivan. Former Guild President Makerere university and currently contesting for Buyamba Constituency in Rakai District. Having masterminded one of the bloody student demonstration against the 60% tuition policy, Ivan Bwowe’s name is unforgotten at MUK. Bwowe was suspended for two semesters by university council however his suspension was short lived after battling the university in courts of law and winning his way to top university post.
2. Bala David Bwiruka. Current Guild President Makerere University.
Bwiruka Bala David a.k.a Tiger sued the University and its electoral commission over his nullification from the guild race where he further contended a win after challenging the University with its Electoral Commission. This saw him rise to fame and take over the guild office.
3. Wabulembo Robin. Former President Private Students and an Activist.
Wabulembo Robin was once kidnapped by unknown goons as he was moving along Kampala streets around 12:30 pm. he was forced to enter a tinted car whose whereabouts by then remained unknown for a longtime. Wabulembo and Bashir Kamugo once beat police surveillance to stage a protest at Constitutional Square.
4. Lil Andy. The golden boy of makerere university from lumumba hall.
Lil Andy who doubles as a rapper is also remembered to have staged a long glowing feud with singer Mun *G for stealing his lyrics dubbed “Ani Aliko” however their beef lost corse. He is a common face at parties and events around Makerere university.
5. Bashir Med Kamugo. Former Culutural Minister Lumumba Hall and Currently Vying for LC3 Muluka 2 Makerere University (Marystaurt, Lumumba and Livingstone areas). Mr Bashir and Wabulembo Robin once beat police surveillance to stage a protest at the often heavily guarded Constitutional Square venue and got arrested shortly.
6. Falcao Mugarura Samuel. Interior Minister and a stanch Manchester United fan who hails from University Hall.red gown symbol for solidarity." width="633" height="640" srcset="https://www.xclusive.co.ug/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/image9.jpeg 633w, https://www.xclusive.co.ug/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/image9-297x300.jpeg 297w, https://www.xclusive.co.ug/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/image9-125x125.jpeg 125w" sizes="(max-width: 633px) 100vw, 633px" />