The Ministry of Health is considering discharging three people after fully recovering from Coronavirus in Uganda.

The Director General Health Services Dr, Henry Mwebesa said the three cases have tested negative twice after treatment and are being considered for discharge by clinicians.

However, Mr Mwebesa didn’t specify when these cases would be cleared.

According to Trumpetnews quoting a reliable source in the Ministry, the recovered cases will be discharged today, Friday, from hospital.

“They have recovered fully and we are convinced beyond reasonable doubt that they should return to their home,” said an official.

But a few days ago, the Executive Director of Mulago Hospital Dr Baterana Byarugaba told New Vision that the 8-month-old baby who had been infected had fully recovered and will be

discharged very soon.

TrumpetNews also understands that a 36-year-old businessman who was the first to test positive for the virus is among the three who will be returning home tomorrow.

The Ministry had earlier said he was responding to treatment and had been in stable condition.

Until to date the number of Coronavirus infections remain at 53 after 338 more samples tested negative today.

3862 samples have been tested so far for COVID-19. 531 cases are being monitored in quarantine and 571 contacts to the confirmed cases are under follow up.

Uganda is currently under lockdown with stringent measures in a bid to stop the spread of the virus.

The news of recovery and discharge of the three people will be welcomed with joy and further brings hope that the deadly pandemic ravaging the nations across the world can be defeated.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.